*Love to Joplin*

January 14, 2012
I love being part of this blogging community. There are a million reasons why. But the most important reason is how everyone comes together when someone else is in need. Teachers in Joplin, Missouri are in need of our assistance. Its been almost 8 months since they were hit by a devastating tornado. I can't imagine what they are going through.



Deedee from Mrs. Wills Kindergarten received a very touching email from a teacher in Joplin. Here is her email: 

I teach in Joplin, which made worldwide news last May when our town was cut in half by an F5 tornado. Many of our elementary schools were destroyed or damaged, and as teachers, we have had a roller coaster year.  I came from a meeting yesterday where many are struggling with the weight of all we are dealing with.  My request is this: would you be willing to donate a created pack of your choosing to give away at a drawing at our upcoming district Kindergarten grade level meeting?  The meeting is Monday and I am sorry for the short notice but I did not realize until the meeting how down everyone is feeling.

Here's how you can help: 

1.  Send your TpT product or Teacher's Notebook to Erica
edoennig@joplin.k12.mo.us

2. Then link up on Deedee's blog

3. Purchase a tpt or teacher's notebook gift certificate

Wouldn't it be awesome if we filled her email with signs of love?  

Thank- you all for your help & support! Let's continue to pray that their spirits may be lifted and that there may be nothing but brighter days ahead for the people of Joplin. 

Have a Great Day!

4 comments

  1. Love your blog! Excited to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to enter my giveaway...winner will be announced soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining my blog, I am now one of your newest followers.
    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Wright- your very welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.